Recipes Courtesy Chef Vance Wilson
Grilled Salmon Brushed with soy sauce, kissed by fire with a Japanese style salsa
Paired with 2018 Mountain Series Pinot Noirs
1 cup soy sauce
1 cup rice vinegar
2 T sesame oil
2 t sesame oil
2 t brown sugar
4 (6 ounce) fresh salmon or tuna fillets
1/4 t Kosher Salt
1/4 t fresh ground pepper
4 t vegetable oil
1 tomato, roughly chopped or 12-16 cherry tomatoes halved
8-12 fresh cilantro stems (leaves only roughly chopped)
1 small red onion, finely chopped
1. Mix all the ingredients for the sauce.
2. Season the tuna very well with salt and pepper.
3. Combine the chopped tomato, cilantro and onion.
4. Heat a large skillet over high heat and add the vegetable oil. When the oil is hot, sear the fish for 30 seconds on each side.
5. Remove from heat and slice the tuna into 1/4-inch slices. This should be rare to medium-rare.