Tasting Room Associate
Aurora Colony Vineyards seeks a hard working Tasting Room Associate to join our team!
This individual will help build relationships and inspire customers on their wine journeys. We are looking to hire a dependable team player who is eager to learn and excel. This position provides competitive hourly compensation and gratuities with opportunity for advancement for candidates with strong customer service/sales skills. We offer an education of our wines as well as education about winemaking and the wine industry.
Job Mission: The Tasting Room Associate broadens our reach by nurturing both new and existing clients to further the Aurora Colony Vineyards brand. Under the general direction and supervision of the Tasting Room Manager and/or the Tasting Room Lead, the Tasting Room Associate is responsible for warmly welcoming guests, organizing reservations and promoting the sale of wine and food products through customer service and providing consumers with a meaningful wine tasting and experience. This individual works as part of a skilled and flexible team to assist in generating sales and elevating guest experiences.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead guests through tasting flights, by creating an approachable and memorable experience. Seeking to educate guests on the Aurora Cellars brand, wines, vineyards and story.
- Effectively suggest and sell wine
- Take orders for food and serve prepared food to customers.
- Assist in execution of events at our event venue, performing various duties to help ensure the success of the event.
- Demonstrate and uphold hospitality service standards.
- Thoroughly follow opening and closing procedures of the tasting room including, but not limited to, all daily operating procedures, cleaning/ polishing glassware, and other miscellaneous administrative duties.
- Open, date bottles and check quality of wines prior to serving.
- Proactively stock wine for tastings and for sale in the tasting room.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the tasting room.
- Handle routine purchasing transactions including operating cash register and point-of-sale iPad system (Xüdle).
- Build relationships with our Club Members.
- Develop a thorough understanding of Aurora Colony Vineyards wines, winemaking techniques, and winery history to educate guests on all aspects of the brand.
- Actively promote the sale of Aurora Colony Vineyards wines, Memberships, events and merchandise.
- Communicates effectively using open, professional dialogue and solution focused communication.
- Effectively sell club memberships by explaining the benefits and the value of joining our wine club.
- Interacts with guests in a tasting room. Follows expectations outlined in Aurora Colony Vineyards’ social distancing policy.
- Actively seeks information to better understand company-wide business.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintains regular, reliable and punctual attendance. Position may require flexibility in hours and days worked and include weekends and/or evenings.
- Demonstrates a desire to work on other projects and duties, as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications
- One to two years prior related experience, preferred.
- Have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must be able to work weekends and flexible schedules.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Must be able to commute to and from Aurora, OR
- Ability to lift and carry a case of wine (12 – 750ml bottles)
- Must be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Detail-oriented work habits and strong organization skills.
- Show commitment to excellence and high standards in work conduct.
- Must have problem-solving, multi-tasking and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages.
- Ability to work independently, and find things to do during quiet times.
- Ability to work under stress and still remain calm and collected.
- Comfortable speaking in front of large groups of people, and able to take command when necessary.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced hospitality environment.
- Currently hold or be willing to test for an OLCC Permit and Food Handler’s Permit.
- You must have a passion for people and wine.
- You must have a positive attitude and outlook on things.
- Always look to gain knowledge by asking questions and learning by listening and watching.
About Aurora Colony Vineyards
Aurora Colony Vineyards is a family-owned vineyard and winery in the Willamette Valley. We are a producer of estate-grown Pinot noir, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Viognier, and Rosé, which we predominately market direct to consumers. We also sell fruit to some of the finest winemakers in the Willamette Valley. We also source from Walla Walla, WA and parts of California for some of their regions’ varietals to make our bold reds. Some of those varietals include: Cabernet Sauvignon, Tempranillo, Malbec, and Old Vine Zinfandel.
Our Tasting Room boasts a completely outfitted commercial kitchen, which is run by Vance Wilson, Cordon Bleu Chef and owner of The Kitchen at Aurora Colony Vineyards. The Kitchen offers full restaurant service to all of Aurora Colony Vineyards’ guests.
By joining Aurora Colony Vineyards, you’ll be joining a team of diverse individuals who stand for fairness and are passionate about wine, our guests, and our business!
We aim to provide a fun and inclusive culture where everyone can be the best they can be and have a great time doing it!
To be considered for this opportunity, please send a complete resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
All applications are kept confidential We are an equal opportunity employer encouraging all to apply.