Current Job Opportunities
Part-Time TO START
Aurora Colony Vineyards & Winery is a family-owned operation located 20 minutes south of Portland, Oregon, on 50 rolling acres in Aurora, Oregon. We pride ourselves on growing several grape varietals and offering many estate wines to our customers. We currently produce approx. 3,000 cases of wine per year and project to double annual production within 3 years. Each member of our team, from the vineyard to the tasting room, is dedicated to making and delivering high-quality wine to our guests.
The Cellar/Harvest Assistant will work directly with the winemaker during the harvest season. The ideal candidate will have an opportunity for growth and promotion to Assistant Winemaker within one year.
• 1 year harvest and/or cellar experience
• Ability to work both independently and as a team member
• Clear communication skills
• Perform heavy physical work, ability to lift 50 lbs. (lifting, bending, climbing, pulling, or squatting for long periods of time)
• Reliable transportation
• Experience driving forklift – preferred but not required will train
• Positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and ability and willingness to work long hours
• Good organizational skills, attention to detail, flexibility and ability to multi-task
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to the following:
• Perform collection, processing and analysis of fruit samples from vineyard.
• Responsible for taking daily PH, Brix and temperature measurements on all active ferments in tank and barrel
• Punch down/pump over and racking.
• Measure, weigh and perform chemical additions to wine
• Ability to perform basic laboratory analysis on juice and wine.
• Record and communicate accurate lab records
• Perform all barrel procedures, cleaning/sanitization, filling, topping, and inventory
• Wine and juice additions/inoculations, cleaning and sampling
• Ability to understand and comply with all safety requirements
• Tolerate exposure to outside elements (heat, wet and/or damp conditions, cold)
• Other tasks as assigned by the winemaker
1- 2 years experience in a similar position OR combination of experience and education
This position is full-time during peak season and harvest and may fluctuate during off peak season
Email your complete resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.