Recipe courtesy Jon Wyatt, the Kitchen’s Sous Chef
• ½ pound extra-lean ground beef
• 1 egg, lightly beaten
• 1 cup Blue Cheese Crumble2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
• 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
• ½ teaspoon dried basil
• ½ teaspoon onion powder
• 5 ¾ cups chicken broth
• 2 cups thinly sliced escarole
• 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
• ⅓ cup finely chopped carrot
• 1 cup of Rainbow Chard
1. In medium bowl, combine meat, egg, bread crumbs, cheese, basil and onion powder; shape into 3/4 inch balls.
2. Lightly brown each side of each meatballs before adding to soup. This is prevent the meatballs from falling apart.
3. In large saucepan, heat broth to boiling; stir in orzo pasta, chopped carrot and meatballs. Return to boil, then reduce heat to medium. Cook at slow boil for 10 minutes or until pasta is al dente. Stir frequently to prevent sticking.
4. Garnish with Rainbow Chard and serve.